Consulting Partner - Dev Ops - London
Agile and DevOps Practice Partner / Principal Consultant
Consulting Services is the consulting service line of Wipro Technologies, a global services provider of technology-driven business solutions to leading corporations and organizations worldwide. With over 53 development centers worldwide, Wipro delivers unmatched business value to customers through a combination of process excellence, quality frameworks and service delivery innovation. Wipro is the world's first CMMI Level 5 certified software services company.
Consulting Services provides strategic information technology and business consulting services to help clients achieve real business improvement and market advantage in a dynamic business environment. Our growth is driven by evolving client demands for strategic and technical advice globally and by our internal ambition to deliver world class consulting services backed by outstanding operational capabilities.
The global consulting team is recruiting a highly-motivated individual for its Agile and DevOps Practice. Candidates who are self-motivated, thrive in a dynamic and rapidly growing environment, and looking for a change from the traditional “big” consulting organizations, will find a rewarding and innovative environment in which challenging and interesting work is the norm.
This role holds end to end sales, delivery and client relationship responsibility for practice direct channel and supporting sales efforts in named accounts in consultation with Practice Leadership. This role is also responsible for practice development initiatives.
The Practice Partner (PP) is a key member of Wipro’s team and is primarily focused on building strategic partnerships and managing consulting delivery, growth and operations for the client account. The PP is expected to identify and qualify new opportunities to meet revenue demands and ensure that budgets, profitability and timelines for client projects are achieved.
As an experienced, senior member of the team, the Practice Partner will share ownership and accountability for the successful execution of engagements with project managers and client teams. This includes consistent oversight of performance and deliverables and recognition of risks to stakeholders. Further the PP is expected to be a trusted advisor to our clients and to be able to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems. This includes providing thought leadership and mentoring to the client, other members of the practice and engagement teams on best practices and Wipro’s consulting services.
- Map, develop, maintain and enhance long term relationships with Senior and C-level executives
- Drive Sales revenue by proactively seeking new opportunities in the client account
- Develop client account strategy together with the account team
- Manage expectations and alignment between client teams and stakeholders
- Facilitate client meetings and communicate client activities and issues
- Develop insights into the client’s business model and pain points, and deliver actionable, high-impact results.
- Provide thought leadership, direction, guidance and oversight to engagement teams.
- Oversee project performance and deliverables, ensuring high levels of client satisfaction
- Meet or exceed assigned revenue and profitability targets
- Monitor budget, profitability and timelines of client projects
- Ensure prompt billing and budget compliance
- Play advisory role to client leaders across industry sectors; and lead and mentor other consultants within the Agile and DevOps Practice and Consulting Services.
- Develop strong working relationships with peer group members also assigned to the client; representing other Consulting Services practices.
- Significant experience in a top consulting organization
- Demonstrable experience of professional relevant Agile and DevOps experience
- Proven track record of business development and over achievement on revenue targets.
- Experience launching and executing successful Agile/DevOps and/or large transformation initiatives in complex and challenging environments.
- Working knowledge of Agile and DevOps frameworks and tools. Experience with SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, Value-Stream Mapping, common SDLCs, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, etc.
- Powerful verbal; written; presentation; facilitation; communication; relationship building and skills
- Experience motivating, multi-cultural, cross functional teams
- Experience facilitating high level client meetings and managing a robust portfolio of client projects
- Ability to understand a client’s business organization, as well industry and segment trends
- Willingness to be onsite at a client location and able to travel extensively to support the needs of the business
- Excellent client presence and proven client relationship building capability; willing to provide senior / top level client references
- Experience in working with large distributed teams in a highly dynamic environment, preferably involving an onshore/offshore model is highly desirable
- Experience in advising clients for large scale project implementations using outsourcing & off shoring staffing models
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Depth to support practice methodology, growth and mentor affiliated team members
- Excellence in strategic and analytical problem solving: Quantitative, fact-based approach to team based problem solving and strategic approach to addressing issues and offering solutions. Must have an aptitude for analytical concepts and thinking.
- Business acumen and IT knowledge: Strong business development skills. Must understand current market trends, risks and prevalent technologies used in the industry.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, relationship building and social networking skills: Polished verbal and written communication style. Ability to confidently build a strong rapport with the client and project teams.
- Personal drive: Entrepreneurial drive with a can-do attitude, a strong desire to learn and shape your own career path. Commitment to making a positive lasting client impact.
- Self-guided attitude: The ability to succeed in a professional environment where client and project direction is not always well defined. Qualified candidates will understand how to produce results when working in challenging client environments and/or new business areas.
- Facilitation skills: The ability to facilitate executive workshops and obtain consensus.
- Negotiation skills: Understanding of principled negotiation strategies and the ability to resolve differing opinions and seek a win-win resolution to conflicts.
Location / Travel:
- Extensive travel (domestic or international) may be required
To apply for this role PLEASE CLICK HERE.
At Wipro, applicants are considered for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications and competencies. As an employee you will enjoy equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, training conditions of service and career progression. Furthermore, we are committed to maintaining a workplace where each employee's privacy and personal dignity is respected and protected from offensive or threatening behavior including violence and sexual harassment