Development Consultant - Major International Educational Charity, UK - London and South East
£35k-£37k plus exceptional pension and benefits, good karma!
Our client is a growing international third sector organsiation focussing on the education sector. They are growing rapidly an lookign for a Development Consultant to join them and support their growth plans.
The development team is responsible for the design and development of large-scale high impact projects and programmes that will support our clients mission; to deliver high quality solutions that improve education systems, transforming the life chances of young people globally.
The Development Consultant’s key purpose is to support securing new, high-value strategically important opportunities within the Trust. This is a developmental role, meaning the post will support across all points in the opportunity life-cycle, covering the identification, cultivation and winning of new contract opportunities.
The Development Consultant will support across all the geographies working to the supervision of relevant Strategic Development Consultants, Regional Directors and providing support for business teams. It will involve support for the market analysis, development of Regional Growth strategies and Client Relationships Management (CRM). A significant part of the role involves support for high-value bid submissions, including: situational analysis, competitor mapping, solution design, partner liaison and playing a leading role in bid-writing. It will also involve bid-leading on smaller opportunities. The Development Consultant will work closely with all departments as part of this process, and with support the improvement of Development Centre team processes, including the management of internal and team projects.
1. Support the Head of Business Development and Strategic Development Consultants through the implementation of the clients end to end business development processes.
2. Support all aspects of the process of bidding for new opportunities, including writing high-quality bid text, contributing to solution design, and working with partners and internal stakeholders e.g. colleagues from Business Units, Business Services, Commercial, Resourcing.
3. Support the strategic analysis of market information including client and competitor reviews, analysing, summarising and presenting complex information to inform the development of Regional Growth Strategies.
4. Support key client relationship management at a medium/high level, with a focus on optimising Education Development Trust’s strategic advantage across its proposition areas.
5. Manage or support multi-disciplinary bid teams (depending on the strategic value of the opportunity), ensuring that it is well positioned and prepared for the formal pre-procurement, procurement and mobilisation phases of new opportunities.
6. Work with the Head of Business Development to improve processes, skills, capabilities, thought leadership and reach where necessary.
7. Develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with colleagues across the organisation, including corporate operations and Research and Consultancy.
8. Represent the centre externally with clients, partners and wider stakeholders where necessary.
The Development Consultant will be required to travel nationally and internationally as required for opportunity development purposes. The role is likely to involve working outside of standard work hours during the formal procurement phase of new opportunities.
Good knowledge of programme development and programme design, particularly for complex projects
Knowledge of at least one of the Trust's core markets (proposition and geography)
Political and strategic awareness of the education context in at least one of Education Development Trust’s current geographies (UK, Middle East and North Africa, Asia, South Asia, Sub Saharan Africa)
Good knowledge of public procurement processes
Working knowledge of Project Management principles
Good understanding of the education sector
Good degree in any academic subject; 2:1 or above
Experience of at least two of: project management, solution design, strategy, change management, organisation design, process improvement, Client Relationship Management, partnering, stakeholder management
Experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships
Experience of successful programme / project design
Professional experience in commercial, business development, consultancy, professional services, programme management or education management environment
Experience of working in an education environment, either in the UK or internationally
Excellent written and spoken English and the ability to write high-quality text for education focussed bids
Strong people management and stakeholder engagement skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to work independently, showing initiative, drive and being a self-starter
Reflective learner with an appetite for personal development
Numerate, with the ability to analyse complex sources of evidence
Strong IT skills and highly effective in the use of MS Office applications
Good presentational and client engagement skills
The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Excellent team working, co-operation and influencing skills
Please send your CV to email@example.comTo apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org TC001
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy