Manager / Associate Director - Organisational Change/Employee Engagement - Central London
£60k-£70k plus bonus, benefits
As a communications and culture consultancy that is built around purpose, values and sustainability, every single project that our client delivers makes the world a little bit happier and healthier - it's why they come to work. They help companies find their purpose beyond profit and set of values, embed these in their strategy, culture and operations, then communicate transparently to the outside world.
A small company with big impact, their client is known for moving the needle on huge issues,through powerful, creative interventions. Their clients include leading tech and FMCG giants TripAdvisor, Danone, Grant Thornton and O2, global wildlife charity WWF and leading UK charities Joseph Rowntree Foundation and Crisis, and #ReuseRevolution pioneers (and fellow B Corp) KeepCup. They fight for what they believe in, and were heavily involved in campaigning to remain in the EU - including the globally viral We Are Europe ‘Kiss of Death’ Mural, which has won numerous awards including The Drum, Marketing Can Change the World Award.
They are an extremely fast paced company. They get stuff done. If you don’t like pressure, pace, ownership and the thrill of making exciting things happen on a daily basis, they’re not for you. At the same time, one of their values is Stay Playful - and although they’re busy, they put a big emphasis on fun and general wellbeing. From their team wellbeing coach to their Wednesday Break initiative, where they close the office every Wednesday afternoon to give people’s brains a rest - they really are trying to find a new way of working. This approach has attracted some of the best industry talent out there (they're very proud of our team).
They are deeply, fire-in-belly passionate about creating positive social and environmental change - and at the same time they are unapologetically commercial. They believe that doing well should be synonymous with doing good.
About the role
They are looking at making an important hire to their a small company at a crucial time. They are want someone who will play a big role in helping the company scale.
Your job will be to play a key part in developing and scaling our ‘LIVE’ service, where they help clients embed and live their purpose and values within their culture and operations.
You will bring in new clients from pipeline to pitch, constantly developing and refining service offers and inspiring and leading the team. They want someone entrepreneurial, sparky and energetic. A people person who has a natural skill for business development and sales, because they love connecting the dots, solving problems and making people happy. Someone who can spot a trend or opportunity, then take ownership to act quickly and effectively to make stuff happen. We want someone who is passionate about their team, who loves seeing people grow and who inspires and empowers them to do so.You should be bold, fearless and love trying new things, learning and testing themselves. They aren’t afraid to make mistakes - they want to break things to remake them better.
They need someone who brings some clout in terms of their skills and experience. Someone who has created measurable impact with their programmes, someone who ‘speaks’ HR,
organisational change and transformation language and who has the credentials and experience to back it up.
The ideal candidate will have:
● Experience in change management, culture change, transformation or organisational development (other transferable skills will be considered)
● Agency or consultancy experience
● Proven ability to generate new business and revenue streams
● Proven ability to innovate, take risks and pilot projects, in order to develop new ideas and services that create revenue and impact
● A keen eye for trends and opportunities, and an equally keen eye for profitability
● Experience of excelling in team management and experience in a leadership role
● Passion for making the world a better place, especially through purpose driven business
● A lot of energy, excitement and drive to create change, with a positive can-do and will-do attitude
● Working solely on projects that are helping create a happier, healthier world for all
● A culture where empowerment, happiness and fun are the top priority, and where you can work wherever and whenever you like
● Their famous Wednesday Break (to promote productivity and personal wellbeing our office closes at 1pm every Wednesday!)
● A personal wellbeing coach
● Salary: negotiable
● 25 days holiday a year including office shut down at Christmas
● A flexible pension plan, with the company contributing 3% and employees giving anywhere between 1% and 5%
● Regular skills sharing and training sessions; plus a personalised development plan
● Dynamic shared working space in Old Street with lots of other cool start-ups
● Regular team outings including meals out, cinema trips and even axe throwing (!)
● Regular informal lunchtime exercise sessions – from running club to kickboxing lessons
from our resident enthusiasts
Please send your CV to email@example.comTo apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy