Senior Consultants and Principal Consultants - Operational improvement boutique - London and UK
£top quartile, plus excellent bonus, benefits
A Principal Consultant is expected to “project or programme manage” key projects to achieve a high standard of delivery. They will typically lead projects, or work streams within larger projects, with relative autonomy. They are not expected to be seasoned business developers, but they should be capable of taking a supporting role in new business development and developing existing client accounts through “sell on”.
Contribution to Operations Team
- Provide accurate project information (progress against plans, budgets etc)
- Contribute to the development of offers and services
- Support other team members to achieve team goals
- Contribute to the development of our client's business strategy
- Play a supporting role in implementing the business strategy as directed by the Partners
- Support recruiting, managing and developing consultants
- Play a supporting role in implementing plans to acquire new clients, including the writing and publishing of case studies/articles, presenting at seminars & conferences and attending networking events
- Identify requirements for new product/service development
- Occasionally lead the development of new or revised offers
- Take a supporting role in progressing sales leads
- Support sales opportunities by writing discussion documents, tenders and proposals (often taking a lead role in this activity)
- Develop and occasionally lead sales presentations to potential clients
- Liaise with clients, consultants and the Partner responsible for resource management to mobilise teams to deliver projects
Building Great Client Relationships
- Support the client Account Manager/Partner in contracting negotiations
- Help assure the quality of delivery, through both their own work and that of their colleagues, including associate consultants
- Support delivery of plans to grow an account further
- Develop new client relationships
- Work with the Partners of the firm to realise the full benefit of our learning in other business opportunities
- To build networks within the client to identify future possibilities for business development
- To solicit feedback from the client on performance
Planning and Managing Delivery
- This is the primary role of a Principal Consultant
- They should act as project manager on smaller projects, or work streams within larger projects/programmes
- Understand and apply the principles of Project/Programme Management (possibly having a formal qualification e.g. Prince2, APM, MSP)
- Lead project planning e.g. identify and capture project(s) objectives, develop project scope, benefits and establish acceptance criteria, determine resources and performance expectations, assign project responsibilities, estimate timelines, identifying key project results and milestones, develops project plans and work break down structures and communicates these
- Manage delivery to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure that project files are updated with the appropriate project information
- Track and manage project budgets, manage project controls, manage project governance and reporting
- Work with the client to resolve any issues that occur during delivery and ensure all issues are resolved to the client's mutual satisfaction.
- As well as project management, ideal candidates will have skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Operational excellence
- Strategic quality management
- Business process improvement
- Organisational change/transformation
- Indicators for the recruiter – they may have lean or six-sigma qualifications and/or they may work within the operational excellence, operational improvement service line of a larger consultancy/organisation
- Professionalism – our clients trust us to be independent, objective and utterly reliable. We keep our promises, work shoulder to shoulder with clients to provide dependable, highly appropriate, practical solutions.
- Expertise – our most precious asset. We are proud of our in-depth knowledge and are committed to passing this on to our clients through skills transfer.
- Loyalty – both a driving force within our organisation and the ultimate aspiration for relationships with customers, employees, associates and partners. We conduct our business in a straight-forward, honest way at all times.
About the Right Candidate
Will have solid evidence of intellect based on their career / academic results to date, have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to genuinely solve business problems with solution development that lies outside of standard processes. The ability to think on their feet and truly understand how businesses operate is essential.
The client's environment will also require a self-starter, able to operate without the heavy infrastructure of a larger organisation. Mind-set and personality fit will also be critical, with the successful person demonstrating ambition along with a desire to work in an environment where individuals do not compete, but collaborate for the best results for our clients and the business.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number: TC100
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy