Strategic Development Manager - Information Services - FTSE 100 - Central London, good work/life, only limited travel required!
£60k-£70k plus excellent bonus, benefits
Our client is a major global information services group. They are growing rapidly and are developing their data services in financial, tech and telcoms related areas and have been developing a very significant Strategy function to assist further with their growth plans. They are now looking for a Strategic Development Manager for their London office. This is a terrific opportunity and only requires limied travel. These roles also offer a fantastic springboard for career development in other senior line roles in the client organsiation.
ROLE PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Purpose - As a key member of the Strategy Team, the role will be integral to the development and execution of the Strategic Plan through a broad range of responsibilities (see below). As further context on this team:-
- They are investing in this group to be the spearhead for the whole organisation for strategy, innovation and change.
- The remit of the team covers both B2B and B2C with the confluence of both creating potential strategic advantage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribution to the development of the Strategic Plan through defined work streams, i.e. this could be the assessment of specific markets or trends which may impact the businss
- Leading or supporting (as agreed) on the development of investment / business cases for Strategic Projects, i.e. Insurance Price Comparison. This would likely involve working with a x-functional team.
- Leading or supporting on the assessment of material strategic issues & challenges
- Supporting on the assessment of new vertical (i.e. Wealth Life and Pensions) or geographic markets & development of market entry strategy working with cross functional teams
- Project Managing strategic projects and activities resulting from the strategic plan or approved business cases, i.e. the agreement of complex strategic partnerships, working with stakeholders from across the business
Whilst the role will not have line management responsibility for individuals, it will be expected to manage virtual project teams which include senior stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree qualified and experience of working for a leading Strategy Consultancy firm or Big 4 consultancy big
- A good understanding of both:-
Business Strategy - process, tools, frameworks with experience in their practical application
Strategic design – how to take a strategic initiative and design to the next level of detail so it is clearly understood and ready for implementation
- Demonstrate strong logic and judgment to drive clarity between opinion and evidence based views and Strong documentation / presenting capabilities
- The ability to run processes at pace across complex organisations to build and develop business cases
- The ability to manage multiple on-going projects bringing efficiency and focus to driving these projects / phases of work to conclusion
- The ability to interact effectively with people from across the business & seniority spectrum - The confidence and ability to challenge colleagues of all levels effectively is key
Demonstrate strong inter-personal & communication skills
Demonstrate strong workshop facilitation skills.
An ability to work effectively in a matrix organisation both within teams and leading teams
Please send your CV to email@example.comTo apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy