Telecoms Strategy Consulting - Analyst and Senior Analyst - Cambridge and London
£30k-£50k plus bonus, benefits
Our client helps players in the telecommunications industry to develop creative and sustainable solutions to the challenges facing them in a constantly changing environment.
They specialise in undertaking rigorous data-driven and quantitative assessments to support major strategic and regulatory decisions. They work collaboratively with clients to develop the
tools and methodologies appropriate to solve each new business problem as it arises. Their staff have been contracted to advise on key industry issues, including market strategy
development, radio spectrum policy, spectrum valuation & auction support. They are committed to focusing on quality and exceeding our client's expectations. They have a
strong track record of successful assignments with operators, regulators, and manufacturers, as well as financial and legal institutions. By helping their clients' solve the issues facing them,
They assist in realising the potential of the telecommunications industry to provide a significant contribution to sustainable economic growth and quality of life.
The individuals will join as Business Analysts in the company where they will work with more experienced team members on projects for the company's clients. A new joiner will immediately become involved in projects such as:
• Developing long-term strategies and business plans for telecom operators to address the current challenges they face in the market
• Advising mobile operators on the amount they should bid in auctions for radio frequencies for mobile services
• Helping telecom operators to lobby their national regulators on a range of issues, for example on how much they should have to pay other operators for completing calls on
• In conjunction with major investment banks, advising telecoms operators or private equity firms on how much to pay for acquiring major assets (e.g. other operators,
Typically a Business Analyst's work will include data gathering, development of spreadsheet forecasts, drafting of client reports and presentations, participation in client meetings and
presentation of the individual's own work to both Aetha internal team members and the client team.
As they will form part of a relatively new and small company, the individuals will be working directly with the company's Partners, and can therefore expect to develop their
consulting skillset at a much faster rate than would be possible in a larger consultancy organisation.
Desired Skills & Experience
These are entry level (graduate) positions. We are seeking individuals with (i) degrees with a strong numerate component (e.g. mathematics, science, engineering, or economics) as much
of our work is quantitative in nature (e.g. development of forecasts for the future evolution of the industry) and (ii) an interest in the telecoms industry. The advice that we provide to
clients is at a strategic/business level - knowledge of telecoms technology is advantageous but by no means essential, however an interest in/willingness to learn about telecoms
technology is important.
- A minimum Upper Second Class Honours (2:1) degree from a prestigious UK university (or international equivalent) is required.
- Fluency in English is essential - and in other languages (particularly Spanish) is advantageous.
Whilst they are based in Cambridge, we work for clients and on telecoms issues across the globe. New joiners should therefore expect to undertake a large amount of international
travel. They primarily work from our offices, but some of their larger projects are undertaken from the clients' premises.
Please send your CV to email@example.comTo apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org TC001
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy